You should encourage your child to have good oral health from a young age and make sure that they visit the dentist regularly. There are plenty of things they you can do to prevent tooth decay such as:
- Encouraging your child not to drink or eat sugary snacks inbetween meals
- Make sure they cut down on fizzy drinks and other drinks high in sugar
- Avoid sticky sweets which will stay on their teeth for longer
- Make sure they brush their teeth twice a day using a toothpaste with a minimum of 1350ppp of fluoride
- Teach them to spit not rinse their mouths after toothbrushing
- Ensure fresh breath by teaching them to brush right up to the gum and brushing their tongue too.
For more information about Oral health go to www.nhs.uk/livewell/dentalhealth
Why not download Brush DJ App to help your child brush their teeth. The app encourages you to brush your teeth for two minutes listening to your favourite songs!