Is your child ready to start their next chapter at nursery or school ?
Starting nursery or school may feel daunting for your child and you too. You are your little one’s greatest teacher and role model and we want to work together make sure your child is ready to begin their educational journey.
If you feel you need advice with any aspect of your child's development please contact your local Children's Centre.
We can offer a variety of support to help your child to be:
- ready to separate
- ready to communicate
- ready to listen
- ready to socialise
- ready to learn
- ready to be active
- ready to be independent
High School Years
High school is a big milestone and for some may cause anxiety or fear. Here are some useful tips to support you and your child:
- It is beneficial to attend all transition days.
- Meet up regularly if possible with other children who are going to the same high school throughout summer.
- Get to know the pastoral support teams in school so you know who to contact for support if needed.
- There is a drop in session in high school where young people can access support from a link school nurse.
- Make time to be there and listen to your child. They maybe tired and a little more irritable in the first few weeks.
Useful links 0-5:
Top Talking Tips For Parents (Communications Trust)
ERIC - The Children's Bowel and Bladder Charity
I CAN - helps children communicate
Useful links 5-19: