What to expect in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
• The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) outlines what adults must
do to help children learn and develop and to be healthy and safe.
• This guide is for parents* of children from birth to five years old. It
will help you find out more about your child’s learning and development in the EYFS.
• The EYFS includes seven areas of learning and development, split
into three age bands:
o Birth to three
o 4-5 (the reception year in school)
• In each band, there are suggestions about what your child may be
doing, and how you can help them. It’s important to remember
that children develop in different ways and at different rates.
• After each age band you will find top tips for fun, playful
experiences that you and your child can do together at home.
The 'What to expect in the Early Years Foundation Stage: a guide for parents' is available to download by clicking the image below.