Bosom Buddy Peer Supporters are...
They are CWP volunteers who have breastfed their own children and have received additional training in breastfeeding. They provide Mother to Mother breastfeeding support with non-judgemental and evidence-based information for both pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers, supporting them to reach their breastfeeding goals.
- Provide breastfeeding information during Infant Feeding Workshops
- Provide support and encouragement to breastfeeding mothers
- Normalise breastfeeding in the local community through local events
- Help run mother and baby breastfeeding groups
- Provide support on the maternity wards as hospital volunteers
Breastfeeding Peer Supporters are trained to support healthy breastfeeding mothers with healthy term infants. Specific breastfeeding problems will always be referred to a health professional and/or breastfeeding specialist.