Feeling good about yourself will really make a difference to how you think and feel. There are lots of things that you can do to make yourself feel good. The Young Minds website has some great tips for improving your mental well-being.
- Believe in yourself – low self esteem can really affect your mood
- Help others – doing a good turn for someone else can make you feel great
- Exercise – your brain releases feel good chemicals when you exercise
- Eat well – some foods make our blood sugar levels go up and down making as irritable and tired
- Take time out to relax and recharge your batteries
- Ask for help – if you’re feeling overwhelmed, ask for help from somebody close to you. A problem shared is a problem halved
Find out more at www.youngminds.org.uk