The internet is a great way to be able to stay in touch with your friends through social networking and chatrooms. But to keep the internet fun and accessible, you also need to keep yourself safe online.
Top tips for keeping your stuff online secure…
- Set strong passwords and use a different one for each site
- Check URLs! The URL is the website address – check it’s the one you think it’s going to be before you enter
- Don’t click on links from people you don’t know – they may contain viruses
- Always use antivirus software
- Treat your password like your toothbrush and don’t share it with anyone!
"I'm worried about something I've seen online"
For more information go to Think U Know and click on the link for your age group. There are some great videos and articles about all sorts of topics relating to internet safety, including gaming, online bullying and posting pictures and videos safely.
Kayleigh’s Love Story is a film about aspects of the last 13 days of the life of 15-year-old Kayleigh Haywood. Please be advised that some viewers may find some scenes upsetting.
There's a person attached to every body, respect both.
If you are concerned that you are being asked to do things you don't want to do or get involved with, either online or through social media, you can find information and support at Disrespect Nobody.